SnapeEyes said in July 5th, 2010 at 7:43 am

Wow! this is so neat and do sweet! Happy birthday, America!

WildWestDave said in July 5th, 2010 at 8:00 am

Another great post! I, like many others, it seems, am in the office this morning. This video was a nice way to start the day despite that! :-)

Kate said in July 5th, 2010 at 8:37 am

*is jealous* you have to go to the French Quarter to see fireworks around here and it’s Essence Fest weekend and the Quarter is MOBBED.

Rakesh said in July 5th, 2010 at 11:48 am

You both did a good job! I like it.

Rima said in July 5th, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Thanks, everyone!

I put the video together really quickly last night, so the timing is off. But otherwise, I’m happy with how it turned out given how little time I gave myself to work on it. :) It was a good exercise. Give me 20 minutes and I can put together what I think is a decent video. :)

Rima said in July 5th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

You know, I might do a similar project next year. That way I’ll have some time to prepare, and I won’t end up creating content on a whim. The more I watch this video, the sloppier my timing feels! But… I don’t want to upload a new version because of this:

Still, I had a lot of fun doing this and sharing the experience with my husband. :) Over all, I’m happy with the project, especially since it was just a last-minute deal. :)

Anonymous said in April 18th, 2011 at 5:19 pm

….See the pole laying in front of..the cab just as..in the photo above…..this MUST be the same light post you say right ?……..Here is a closeup of THAT light pole………………………Let us put these 2..closeups..together…………………..Hmmm………something is funny in Denmark or maybe at the PENTAGON ?….So WHY are these photos different ?….Why would someone go through ALL the trouble of staging..a photo..?……….Heres another..fallen lamp..post…………………..Notice the clean..break again..?…………………………………… I guess cab drivers near the Pentagon normally..wear a tie………A few of these pictures are not consistent with the rest………The pictures shows the cab at a different angles to the wall and that..the..pole debris field and background are totally different………In the image shown below the right front fender of the cab is the..closest..fender to the guard rail.