Miniature dachshund superpuppy and News-Geek.com’s unofficial mascot, Herbie, will turn one year old tomorrow. You might remember him from such blog entries as “Stuff On My Dog” and “A Day in the Life….”
To commemorate this joyous occasion, I took this photo of young Herbie frolicking in the yard this morning:
- Herbie’s full name is Herbert Ashmont Mycynek. As he himself is long, fast, and red, it’s only fitting that his middle name pay homage to Boston’s Red Line. (Ashmont is an end stop on the line, which I rode frequently while living in Boston.)
- Herbie’s initials spell “HAM.” We think this is cute and moderately funny.
- His “likes” include: Learning, growing, playing, chewing, eating, sleeping, barking in his sleep, and hunting his big fluffy bed as if it were a gazelle on the Serengeti
- His “dislikes” include: Cold weather, rain, bed time, bath time, and other dogs who hang out on our lawn
- Favorite quotation: “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight–it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” — Mark Twain